Closed
I also said Melinda is closed because she is shut out from the outside world. She wants to hide away from everything and everyone.
Melinda doesn’t just try to shut out the world and be alone, she also tries to shut out the world. “ I just want to sleep.” (Melinda, 81) She thinks that avoiding her problems will make them go away, and that hiding it is the safest option. She wants to ignore the world that has been so cruel to her, and she really just wants to be alone.
5 words that describe Melinda
- Exasperated
- Sarcastic
- Scared
- Alone
- Closed
I said that Melinda is exasperated because everything in her life is a nuisance. She goes through life and nothing goes her way, she has to keep dealing with all these hardships.
I said that Melinda is sarcastic because she doesn’t care what is going on around her. She thinks that all her classmates are morons, and that most are much dumber than she is, and she expresses it through sarcasm.
I said Melinda is scared because of IT. When Andy Evans, who is believed to have raped Melinda, comes up to her she becomes afraid, and feels like vomiting.
I said Melinda is alone because she has no friends. Even the one person who would talk to her left her.
I also said Melinda is closed because she is shut out from the outside world. She wants to hide away from everything and everyone.
I think the best word to describe Melinda is alone. She has no friends or social group and her parents don’t care about her much. She thinks that instead of being with others it is smarter to be alone. Melinda says “ It is easier not to say anything. Shut your trap button your lip can it.”(Melinda, 9) She doesn’t share her feelings with other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment