Speak Final Assessment
1.One time, I was at lunch, about to go sit with my friends in some time around 4th Grade and I was pretty new to the idea of popularity. Some of the more popular kids wanted me to sit at their table, even though I was about to sit with my friends (the friends I had already). My inner voice told me to sit with my friends and ignore them because they were probably jerks anyway. I wanted to walk away, but I my outer voice couldn’t say no to them because I looked up to them, and I sat them. So I ended up sitting with the popular kids over my friends and they turned out to be really cool and nice. For some reason I thought my friends would be be super angry, I mean hey, I was young, I didn’t know how my friends would react to this. Obviously my friends didn’t mind and now some of the kids I actually sat with are now my friends too so while sometimes inner and outer voice conflicts go badly, I was lucky enough to have had everything work out.I made some new friends and with no harm to me or my old friends.
2. I was playing baseball earlier this year, and I was playing against a fairly tough team and I was up to bat with men on second and first base. I got two strikes and ball and the man at first got picked off so that now there were two outs. I had to get a hit. I knew in my head that I had to swing or I would get out, he was going to throw a strike. So I got ready as he drew his arm back to throw. I could see it coming down the middle. I reared back, ready to hit it. I got my arms around and made contact for a long double into left field. The man that was on second scored and I was so fast I could have almost made it to third. I had done well because I had listened to my inner voice’s instincts. If I had let that ball go by, I would have let down the team and myself. The moral of this story is trust yourself and listen to the voice inside your head because it is the most important voice you hear and you have to be with it your entire life.
3A. “ I just want to sleep. The whole point of not talking about it, of silencing the memory, is to make it go away. It won’t (81). This is inner and outer voice discord. Her outer voice says she doesn’t want to talk about what happened and hide away. She says that going to sleep will solve her problems. But her inner voice actually does want her to talk with somebody, that she needs to get her feelings off her chest. She doesn’t want to admit it, but she is emotionally damaged and needs to let it go by learning to speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment